Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 12:20 AM   #1790
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamofEternia View Post
Q1: it's funny at first i was not interested in any romance they were gonna have on this new series. then on the first episode i noticed the chemistry between liono and cheetara. even though i wasn't still on board with this ship as they say, i approved their interaction. as i kept tuning in for episodes each week, i kept noticing they writers wanted to take their interaction with each other to another level. it was something i didn't expect to be of importance to the main story arc. the reason i usually don't like romance in an action/adventure cartoon is because at least 7 times out of 10, the development for the romance is rushed or doesn't make much sense to the viewers. however, in this new series i was proven wrong. they pace the were going with liono and cheetara was to me the right pace. they writers weren't forcing it on us nor did they rush it. they were slowly giving us hints and little meaningful interactions between the two. the next thing i knew, i was rooting for those two even if i didn't want to have romance in this series.

Q2: they reason i see them as a couple is because, it fits or it works for the story and the direction they were taking it. you have your young prince whose kingdom was destroyed, father slain, his people slaughtered by an ancient prophesied evil. he is supposed to somehow unite all the species on third earth against this great evil. then we have cheetara the cleric or should i say the special bodyguard/adviser to the king. her duty is to serve her king as she was trained to do so. in the circumstances they are in, especially liono, he has the biggest responsibility of all compared to his fellow cats. the weight of the world is on his shoulders and from what we know of the liono as of now, he is not ready or does he know much of what to do. this tend to result in him not believing in himself and doubting whether he has the ability to carry out this heavy burden. cheetara's role was very critical to the king in the sense that she had to make sure her king had the support and advice he needed to help him in his quest. to me this was a good recipe for great romance for this genre however cliche it may have seemed. i was thinking to myself that this really can work and i had hoped nothing would come between this development. before this series started, i never even knew that there was going to be a new thundercats series. so then i started researching to find more info on this new series and i did find some. there was one in particular that bothered me and it was an interview with one of the producers and he/she had mentioned something about there being a love triangle between liono/cheetara/tygra. in most love triangles involving the main protagonist in animes or cartoon series, they tend to work against the main character. then came episode 13 and my worst nightmare had came true at the end of the episode. it was as if i was blindsided by a horse and the worst part of the tygra/cheetara thing is that they writers used just two episodes to establish some kind of romance between the two. the look on liono's face was the same look i had while watching that dreadful scene. (guys sorry for ranting once again)
You know out of 150 emails I sent about this little survey, I got 50 replies so far and 30 out of those 50 replies were either angry and/or disappointed like your answer and will only continue watching the show if they fix this. while the rest 20 were thinking that the writers were pulling some kind of con to surprise us and they were still hoping for Lion-O/Cheetara to happen. I'll see the general consensus after I got more of this little survey.
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote