Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #653
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
Once again, did not call her/him a racist. Said the logic behind that post was racist.
What about this are you not understanding? Saying that Lions are superior over all the other races of cats is a racist mindset. Its racist because it implies Lions are better simply because they are lions. Do you understand now ?

I dont care what race of cat wields the sword. I dont care if its a lion, tiger, mountain lion, cheetah or a freaking ocelot. I have no problem with Lion-O wielding the sword. Where are you getting this? We were talking about interpreting someone's post, not about my personal hang ups.

Its not the struggle against the lizards that is so reminiscent of a cast system. The cats were dividing themselves up by appearances. The lower level cats, or the ones at the bottom of the cast system all have tails. Those without tails are considered better and more evolved. Look up information about the cast system in india please.

You can admit that the show is portraying racism between the lizards and the cats, but then you called me crazy for talking about racism in a cartoon. Oddly enough, I wasn't even talking about racism in the context of the show as much as I was talking about the ideas behind a forum post. Yet here you are confirming something you ridiculed me for suggesting . Huh.
It is not racist. If someone thinks cats are better than dogs; which I do. Does that make me racist? Animals are a speices not a race.

That person's post started about the lion's weilding the SoO, people got bent out of shape and said other could weild it too. That was my point of 60 pages of nothing.

I think their is discrimination in the cartoon. You brought up catoons. The writers are showing how the cats have different societies. They discrimated against, not racist.

You could say the cats got what was coming to them.

Actually I have been to cochin India in 97. Very poor area. Now we are talking real life. There will always be injustice done in the world. Human trafiicing is really bad (I didn't know until I traveled most of the Asian area). As you said kids don't have a chance, they have to work in whatever business they are born in. Women have it worst, I think.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-09-2011 at 06:32 PM..
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote