Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: G.I. Joe News
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 12:22 AM   #880
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: BCYOJOE @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Official Facebook Page of Howe and Howe Technologies, Inc. announced today that one of their designed armored vehicles is featured in the upcoming G. I. Joe: Retaliation.

The vehicle in question is the The Ripsaw EV-1 Combat Vehicle and it is the world’s fastest dual tracked vehicle.

Called by the creators as “Rippy”, twin brothers Michael "Mike" and Geoffrey "Geoff" Howe told their Facebook fans

"Rippy as the "Joe Tank" in G.I. Joe2 out June 2012."

Joe Tank” may very well be a fake name to conceal what the vehicle is called in the movie. The same practice was used recently for the Transformers Live Action Movie Vehicles. If we take examples, Mirage/Dino’s Ferrari 458 Italia was called "Rush" and Sentinel Prime’s Rosenbauer Panther Firetruck was called "Ultra Magnus" during the Principle Photography of Transformers: Dark of the Moon, to avoid plot leaks.

Many G. I. Joe fans call it the H. I. S. S. Tank since the Ripsaw looks a lot like the fictional tank.

More details of the Ripsaw EV-1 Combat Vehicle is available on their website or you can read the mirrored info, after the jump.
Original Source: Howe and Howe Technologies' Ripsaw EV-1 Combat Vehicle Featured In G. I. Joe: Retaliation - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote