Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #171
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
I don't think I'm missing your point, I just don't agree with it. Where were we told she would be romantically inclined to Lion-O? As far as I know, it was plainly stated that Lion-O would interpret her actions as romantic in the Thunder Thursday interview. Nothing was stated on her behalf. I'm not questioning the presence of romantic feelings, I questioning if those were Cheetara's intentions. I'm saying it was plain as day that she was into Lion-O.

I've come to see this triangle as both boys interested in Cheetara, but no clarification on her feelings. If a triangle means she had to be interested in Lion-O, than the same would have to hold true for her feelings for Tygra. Maybe the definition of love triangle isnt as sound as we think? Sure three people were involved, but I don't see a twilight dynamic. More like two boys fighting over a girl.
Yes, but there's a simple problem with your interpretation: No one likes it. The first goal of any and all media is to gain, and keep, fans who will spend money. Having everyone hate your primary characters is not a good plan.

You're being too specific. It's not that we were told how the love triangle would end. We were told there would be a love triangle. This romantic tension took the form of all the Lion-o/cheetara scenes. God knows there weren't any Tygra/Cheetara scenes. And then their final explanation basically retconned all those scenes out of existence. It would have been different if they had just said she was confused but picked Tygra. They didn't. It was poorly done. They showed NO development of one pair, lots of development of the other (romantic or not), and then they chose to argue that the pair with NO development was the real pair and the one with all the development was a figment of our collective imagination.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote