Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 01:07 AM   #179
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
Didn't we just talk about stereotypes? Personally, I don't think Lion-O is wrong to feel angry (he likes her and thought she liked him too), but it's not justified . It's the way the media likes to spin this trope. Boy likes girl, boy and girl have a good relationship but girls doesn't want to have more. Let's turn the girl into a villainous harlot, and talk about how dumb she is to chose the ass hole. No mind that the boy never asked her how she felt. Also Cheetara has been VERY good to Lion-O. He doesn't even acknowledges that, which basically means he only seen her as a love interest.

Ok, how does recognizing that Cheetara has expressed little to no interest in anything but Lion-O, affect my interpretation of this triangle? If you ask me, Cheetara had less to do with the "triangle" than Lion-O and Tygra. While their interest was clear, hers was not.
Anyways, that was a response to her treatment as a character. People were complaining that she did little else other than encourage Lion-O. It made her dull and flat. Nothing else about her character was ever really addressed.I like 12 year old Cheetara way more than I like 19 year old Cheetara. That's because in an effort to make her likable, the author gave her a more dynamic personality. I had more opportunity to fall for her in that one scene, then I did in the rest of her screen time the entire season.

It wouldnt be the first time the author lead his/her audience on. It's not that uncommon.
I've never once argued that Lion-o has been acting anything other than immature, so I'll just leave that at that.

I never said your interpretation was affected because of how you interpret Cheetara, my point is that your WHOLE interpretation is based off of how you see Cheetara. There is a fourth party here, and that is the writers. Writers have GOALS, and intensions for stories. There are things that writers want you to think and ways they want you to interpret a scene. And my point is I think the writers manipulated fan sentiment in a crappy way here. They created a situation where a LOT of fans dislike their main three characters, I think fairly, and that is bad writing. Only looking at the fictional 'feelings' of the main characters leaves out the role of the writers not only in interviews and such, but in their clear intent for the plot within the show. Plots have purposes.

And you're behaving as though no matter what a writer does, it's inherently valid. Writers can be WRONG, they can create crappy media. You don't have to just take whatever they do at face value.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote