TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 02:40 AM   #186
Sining
Thunder Kitty
To be fair, I didn't mind season 1. It's season 2 that really annoys me. It's filled with too many inconsistencies and situations where you can tell the writer wants a certain thing to happen but has NO idea how to make it happen so he handwaves it into happening. The fight scenes are very indicative of this.

Plus, what did the trials of Lion-O really teach him?
1. Trust your instincts; how is this different from trusting what the book of omens told him? Does it somehow make it better if his instincts told him to go up instead of the BOO telling him to?
2. Cheat AKA Go for the shortcut; I have nothing against taking things easy but I'm not really sure what the message here is since they keep mentioning he likes to do things the hard way. I'm sure the actual message should be 'keep your eyes on the goal and look at different angles to win as much as possible' but it really came off as 'learn to take it easy' which isn't really something I think a King should be taking as a trial.
3. Abuse your power as king; to be fair, didn't a lot of people complain he was doing that? And didn't he order them to follow him in ep15 and there was still a lot of complaining? Didn't he basically say 'no, we're not surrendering' in episode 14 and yet people still surrendered? I'm not sure how this trial even helped.
4. Recognise your own fears; This was pretty much the only trial that I thought felt like an actual trial. He wasn't trying to beat Tygra so much as he was trying to get over his own feelings of inadequacy. None of the other trials had this.
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote