Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #293
FreakinZoid
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousIncognito View Post
Freak, the one thing you'll learn is that "certain people" will bend over backwards to dryhump Norton no matter what he does or says. He could announce that he is killing 1,000 babies by way of sodomy and "certain people" will go to their grave defending him for doing it. Brainy Smurf Sycophants are odd like that.

In a way, your remark mirrors Mr. Norton's replies; overly harsh in expressing your respective "opinions."
While I wouldn't phrase it as hashly as you did, I have noticed that there are those in many different fandoms who refuse to see fault in those they place on pedestals. Again, that's human nature. Look at how many people still insist OJ is innocent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
AnonymousIncognito, why is there no Dislike button next to posts? 'Cause I'd really, really like to dislike yours. It's like anything that you post is bile, putrid hatred.

I can totally understand him. The guy produces exterme quality art (seriously, his work is astounding) and when he does post the designs online all he gets is some butt-hurt nerds whining about how Pumyra has too big eyebrows or other similar nonesense.

Let me tell you, when Derrick Wyatt shared his Animated TF designs, most of the Transformers fans posting on his blog were GLAD and THANKFUL he shared them, and did not criticise his art style. An art director does not have to share his designs with the fans, in many series, it is actually forbidden to do so by the company making the cartoon. In most franchises I know, the fans are thankful for this. Apparently, in Thundercats fandom, people rather whine about minute details. Seriously, you lot are pissed off about really small things. I would like to see your faces if you had to deal with major "turn the story upside down, redesign everything until it's unrecognizable" changes like we Transformers fans had to deal with. I'd like to see the reactions if tomorrow you would learn Michael Bay was directing a live-action Thundercats movie with Shia LeBeuf as Lion-O.

Because if there was a dislike button, more than just his posts would be clicked on. Everyone on here has posted comments that would end up cathing at least one or two dislikes. Not everyone will agree with everyone else. Again, human nature. Bush v Gore.....

Same thing applies to the art he produces; not everyone will like everything he does. People have different tases. We even have a Constitutional Amendment in the United States that protects peoples right to express those tastes through various forms of speech. When Mr. norton puts his work out for public display, he should do so and willing to accept the critical views of all the public; even those who don't like the work. Note that criticism is often defined as pointing out a problem. The approach to pointing out the problem varies depending on the choice of criticism used. (logical, practical, theoretical, scholarly, and so on) There are critics in fashion, art, film and such whose good word can make a person and whos negative word can break a person. Life shows that not all criticism will be "nice."
So if Mr. Norton intimates to be able to accept criticism, in my opinion, he sure has a rather harsh and off kilter way of showing that acceptance.

Fans all react and express themselves differently. I've been to some conventions where fights broke out amongst Trekkies and Jedi and even Trekkies and Trekkies (Kirk v Piccard). There are fans of all genres that tend to micro-examine minute details. Shows like The Simpsons often make it a point to poke fun at that truth. Simply lumping it all on certain TC fans is really unfair of you.
As for: "we Transformers fans had to deal with" based on the fact there were three films and they all grossed fairly well, it seems not all Transformers fans were as upset as you make it sound. Again, kind of unfair of you to try and do a lumping of fans.

As to my reaction to a TC/Mike Bay live action? I'd use one of the many freebie coupons I have for the local theater to check it out because I am always in the mood for a good comedy.
From your comment, I took away that you weren't happy how Transformers turned out. Try to use your experience in that regard to see things from the perspective of those fans who might not be happy with the way TC is turning out. Try to empathize with them. That's what I try to do.

And what is it with this "butt-hurt" term I see being tossed around so much. Some jerk on fanfiction flamed a really good story without signing in (the sign of a bottom-feeding coward as far as I'm concerned) using that term and others were using it on some TC blog a friend of mine made me read. Now I see it turning up here. Not saying you are the one using it on these other sites, just that I find it curious it has circulated so much.
FreakinZoid is offline   Reply With Quote