Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 11:08 PM   #327
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
The guy complained that Pumyra was a fail because her boobs were too small....
No he didn't. He complained that he felt like Pumyra was a male design because of several reasons; like her eyebrows etc of which boobsize was ONE of them.

Quote:
I don't think Dan did anything wrong. If someone wants to leave a rude comment, then they should expect a rude reply. Isn't that one of those golden rules? Fans have a habit of acting like they are entitled to a show that fits them perfectly, and when they decide to be an ass about it, they expect nothing short of sweet understanding from the creators.
That was a rude comment??

Quote:
LOL, then the guy spams Pumya fanart leaving no constructive criticism, only that she looks like a man. Like Dan said, if you want to leave a comment, then do so in a respectful manner. Not just for the sake of Dan, but also for the tons of people who visit his account daily.
Respect has to be earned. Just because you're Dan norton, Bill gates, George Bush etc etc, doesn't mean everyone has to respect you -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
I don't think that particular guy was trolling, but I do believe his comments were out of line. Maybe Dan shouldn't have been quite as harsh, but it's his page and frankly how the dude worded his initial comment would've insulted me as well. It wasn't written constructively. He didn't start saying he liked Dan's other work until after the first reply by Dan.
Seriously, what is out of line about the original comment. He basically said 'sorry, design not doing it for me. Looks like a d00d' If this is what people consider out of line, maybe they shouldn't go onto the internet. Or forums. And definitely not /b.

Quote:
I can totally understand him. The guy produces exterme quality art (seriously, his work is astounding) and when he does post the designs online all he gets is some butt-hurt nerds whining about how Pumyra has too big eyebrows or other similar nonesense.

Let me tell you, when Derrick Wyatt shared his Animated TF designs, most of the Transformers fans posting on his blog were GLAD and THANKFUL he shared them, and did not criticise his art style. An art director does not have to share his designs with the fans, in many series, it is actually forbidden to do so by the company making the cartoon. In most franchises I know, the fans are thankful for this. Apparently, in Thundercats fandom, people rather whine about minute details. Seriously, you lot are pissed off about really small things. I would like to see your faces if you had to deal with major "turn the story upside down, redesign everything until it's unrecognizable" changes like we Transformers fans had to deal with. I'd like to see the reactions if tomorrow you would learn Michael Bay was directing a live-action Thundercats movie with Shia LeBeuf as Lion-O.
DO NOT WANT. Let's not let Michael Bay touch ANY 80s franchise every again.

But seriously, all I'm getting from this and from 'certain' people is that 'oh i put something on the net. EVERYONE MUST BOW DOWN AND WORSHIP ME. Oh and not say anything that disagrees with me'. I've seen this in fanfic authors; *coughperfectlionheartcough* to name a few and it's usually a sign of a horrible character and personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Anyway it's not that Dan can't take criticism. It's how that criticism is presented that's the problem. Frankly if he couldn't take criticism there would be no way he would be able to make a living doing what he does because his bosses (and potential bosses) can and would criticize the hell out of his work.
He can't take criticism from people who don't have the power to fire him apparently. I've seen that in some people. They suck it up from the bosses cause they kind of have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepySariFan View Post
So do I. I could buy a brand new 2012 Dodge Challenger right now if I was some kind of impulsive brat who didn't know how to manage his funds.

The point is, do you even know how stressful it is to have been in a vehicular accident? Are you that shallow? For all we know, he narrowly missed getting killed.

Shame on you for even bringing this up.
As a guy who has been in THREE vehicular accidents before, one of which involved a damn lorry ramming into the passenger side of the car I was in; and almost one-shotting me, I can tell you this. I wasn't crass or cross with anyone after it happened. If I found something that annoyed me, I just left it because I had better things to do. It says something about Dan that he doesn't.
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote