TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 11:06 PM   #14
Burning Bright
Tyger, Tygra
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
That’s good to know. But it appears a bit… ominous that you seem to have conducted surveillance on people’s posting tendencies.
It wasn't intended to be ominous, as I haven't actually been conducting surveillance. I just have a pretty good memory. Combine that with the default high number of posts-per-page and a habit of leaving and coming back to the discussions as a necessity of the other activities that I'm attending to and there's a high rate of data retention through subliminal rote memorization.

Quote:
Firstly, I must congratulate you on going very off topic. See how natural it is? You have done well, my apprentice.
Thank you, my master.

Yeah, it wasn't something that I emphasized at all in my first post here, but I was only a making a call for the behavior change for the one thread. This one's just as much fair game for whatever people want to do as any other one, as far as what I want anyway.

Quote:
Joking aside, it is true, she did have more to say in this episode than in the last few. But her most striking lines were with/about Tygra. Her response to Tygra challenging Vultaire was disappointing. And then she’s either kissing him or saying something along the lines of “Go, Tygra go!” Enough already, we know they’re a couple.
Yeah, it just doesn't seem that out of place to me. I've just been together with friends way too many times when they're in the new couple phase. I'm at the point of barely being able to keep myself from saying "Excuse me, I'm going to go over and kill three people so I can have enough insulin to keep me from going into a diabetic coma." That phase lasts even longer when they're separated by something out-of-the-routine or life-affirming for more than a day.

The only thing that's out of place about it, is that Tygra isn't doing it nearly as much as she does. That can just be chalked up to how full-of-himself Tygra is, though.

Quote:
Furthermore, it was annoying that a possible opportunity for Cheetara to regain some of her former "clericness" and undergo any real development was wasted.
I think any opportunities for her to regain her "clericness" died at the end of Lion-O's trials. The Clerics advised the King and handled the mystic matters, like the Book and other such mysterious artifacts. At that point he didn't need anymore Cleric advice as he had gotten all he needed from Jaga in the Book and the Spirit Stone. He also seems to have the mystic matters covered pretty well with handling the Book and how quickly he was able to bring out useful capabilities of the Spirit Stone.

As far as other opportunities to undergo character development, the episode seemed pretty packed with event-driven story and background revelations. About the only thing that could realistically have been cut was Snarf's distraction scene, which gives what, 20 extra seconds? She's going to need more than that to bring anything of note to the fore.
Burning Bright is offline   Reply With Quote