TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #104
MegaGearX
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
Weren’t you just a few posts ago listing all of Lion-O remarkable exploits?
He even wagered his soul in order to save the rest of them. You would think that that ought to be enough to get a little respect at least.

He is definitely a peer and not on the same level as Claudus. However, Lion-O has repeatedly proved himself worthy of being a leader. My issue is that Tygra (and Cheetara since ‘New Allainces’) basically undermine him, and put the entire team at peril with their actions, at the worst possible time.
I compared Lion-O and Tygra fairly and objectively. I'm not on team Lion-O or team Tygra.

Lion-O has done some great things. But to Tygra, Cheetara and probably Pumyra too, he probably isn't actually respected as the King of the ThunderCats; he's Lion-O, our buddy, peer and companion. (I don't blame Panthro, because he's an adult and it's more of a rank and job type thing for him, since he's a general) Sure he's done some awesome things, but these guys traveled with Lion-O and know him personally. They've been there through his awkward stages.

As far as Tygra, Cheetara and Pumyra know, Claudus and Jaga are beyond reproach and infaillable in every way. Mainly because they haven't seen their awkward stages. Can you imagine Claudus or Jaga being vengeance-crazed, arrogantly challenging strangers to duels or trying to ask out a woman? Probably not, although they probably did do those things when those characters were 16. Unfortunately for Lion-O, his fellow companions see Lion-O doing this.

Possibly in time, Lion-O's exploits will overturn his inexperience. But we are watching him get to that point. It's akin to watching Rodimus Prime (Lion-O) get as great as Optimus Prime (Claudus).

Last edited by MegaGearX; 06-09-2012 at 10:52 PM..