TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
As badly as Bandai has handled the line so far, I'm not sure there are any other companies out there that would have done a better job. They all have their flaws and downsides. It's just a matter of which one's you can deal with, and which one's are deal-breakers.

I feel neither Mattel or Hasbro would do any better. Mattel can't get a grip on what articulation is for anything smaller than a 6" collectors figure. Hasbro's got a handle on the amount of articulation, but I feel the design of their articulation is well...garbage (tends to result in fiddly-ass figures not worth it). I also feel that both of their distribution habits are worse than that of Bandai's.

Only company I can honestly consider as maybe a possible replacement for Bandai, is Playmates. Seeing their improvement with the new TMNT stuff coming out later this year makes me think they could possibly handle a Thundercats line...maybe. Though I might be a bit optimistic, tbh. Good work on the turtles lines doesn't necessarily mean the Thundercats would get the same treatment.

Also, while it's fun to imagine, I'm not so sure that switching to another toy company at this point would be good. Bandai switching scales on the Classic figures seems to have a negative enough affect on sales as it is. Switching companies could just have an even worse affect on things...
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote