TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #129
Icespark
Thunder Kitty
I've been routinely checking the online locator services on the Target and Kmart websites. According to the Kmart site, the one, solitary K-mart near me, does not have them, however, a Kmart that's about a forty minute drive away does have Thundercats in stock! So, I went ahead, took my one day of freedom, and drove there.

Upon arriving, it quickly became clear that there is some type of reorganizing going on at this particular store, and the toy aisles were almost completely empty.

Looking around, I discovered a lone ROTF HA Skids with Mikaela and Arcee, lying on the floor, on clearance, down from $29.99 down to only $31.99! What a bargain! One lone figure, in a sea of empty, barren wasteland!

Encouraged by my lucky clearance find, I knew this was a positive sign! Obviously, all the toys were simply in the back! No problem! A simple talk with customer service will surely help!

I was promptly informed that whatever the website states in regards to the stock status of an item does not matter, if it's not on the shelf, it's not in stock, and it most definitely, most certainly, does not exist in the back, at all, period, end-of-discussion! It must be true! The manager herself told me!

So, another forty minute drive later, made all the longer due to the bitter taste of bitter disappointment, I'm now typing this sad tale of woe out here.

The moral of this gasoline-wasting, tragedy in motion? Don't go too far out of your way in the pursuit of toys, when they'll most likely, eventually show up near you.....probably......

Stick with stores that are near you, preferably with a friend who works there, that can simply give you a call when the figures do arrive, and are happy to help out customers. That's what I'll be doing now, with friends who work at the one Kmart near me, and the Walmart near me.
Icespark is offline   Reply With Quote