TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 02:13 AM   #617
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
I don't always like the way Lion-O is written, and I realize that this is because it'll make him all that more likable when he develops into a king I can respect.

Yes the world is full of shades of gray. I'm sorry, but I don't see the gray area in this situation. Lion-O took it upon himself to assume she was into him. Whether or not he did it because of her actions is irrelevant. What matters is that he lost, no forfeited his right to be angry, because he chose not to ask.
You're giving the writers way too much credit. It's true you sometimes make characters weak to leave room for character growth, but that isn't a blank check to make an unlikable character. And Lion-o has DEVELOPED half of these lessons several times already, he just forgets them two episodes later.

There is gray in every situation. Generally if you can't see it, you're not looking hard enough, or you're ignoring it. And whether he did it because of her actions is COMPLETELY relevant. It is the ENTIRE point. And as I said way back when, they can BOTH be wrong. He can be wrong for reading too much into her actions, and she can be wrong for not being clearer, especially when they make it obvious that Cheetarah knew exactly what Lion-o thought of her. You keep saying they should have asked her, which is true, but she also could have just told them. She's not an idiot, she knew what they thought of her.

Lion-o being an idiot does not exonerate Cheetarah, or vice-versa.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote