Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #623
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
As far as we know, Lion-O didn't care much for his princely duties. I'm willing to bet this is what won Tygra so much favor with the citizens. He's classic Disney hero. A teenager who at first seems like a lost cause will grow to be the hero of the story.
The technology was initially just a bunch of junk Lion-O couldn't get to work. Logically, his time would have been better suited being the perfect prince. Sure he was right in the end, but that was pure luck and chance.
Pretty much sums it up. They can't see each other's pain, because each one is wrapped up in their own.
You can't really say Lion-O didn't care much for his princely duties. We see him attend both noble events; the SOO test and the dinner, that was required of him as a prince. Granted he was late for one, but because he was searching for lost tech. If he didn't care much for his duties, he could have just blown off both events. I think the best way to put it is 'Lion-O has other things he desires other than just being king/prince' while Tygra just desires being king/prince.

As for why Tygra is the favored of the crowds, I think it's more because he's a better warrior and the cats seem to be a society that honors that strength more than idealism or pacifism. TLDR; it's a lot easier to relate to Tygra because he's what the cats expect a cat to be while Lion-O is the dreamer and very unlike other cats.
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote