Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #260
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Crab View Post
Just saw the episode.
Panthro's stretchy arms are a little weird, but they remind me of Dhalsim from Street Fighter, so that's cool. And when they're not doing their stretchy thing, they look pretty badass.

The ThunderTank looks like a rolling fortress now. Thing is crazy. It'll be interesting to see all the modifications.

The kittens are still cute and cool and funny. And finally! Hoverboards!

The two new generals are pretty badass and threatening. In one episode they're more genuinely credible as villains than most of the time they had in the original show.

I like Lion-O's devotion to uniting the animals. I like that he stands up for the soldiers that deserted Mumm-ra's army, and I like that he sees that the lizards are only fighting out of fear of Mummsy.

The animation is still top notch. This is easily the prettiest show to watch on Cartoon Network. Even prettier than the vaunted SW: Clone Wars. I can't stand how plastic everyone in that show looks. One of the drawbacks of TV CGI, I guess. And man, the Berbil village is bright! But in a good way.

I like Cheetara's explanation to Lion-O. It's happened to me. It's happened to lots of people. You think a girl is totally into you and sending out signals, but then it turns out to be nothing (in my case the girl didn't even know she was sending signals). And you wind up feeling like an ass. And you're pissed off for a while. And you don't even want to see the girl anymore.
Lion-O's reaction is completely believable, only he's got the problem of having to see the girl and her new boyfriend on a daily basis. That has got to suck, when you're still trying to get over your own feelings. Still, I like that he at least tried to put on a happy facade for them early in the episode.
Later on though, when Tygra and Cheetara disapprove of his tactics, he instantly makes it about their relationship. They weren't throwing their relationship in his face, but he couldn't help but see anything but that.

And for those that think Cheetara betrayed Lion-O by surrendering, consider this. The mutants threatened to kill Tygra. Lion-O says, "There's still 2 of us!" as though losing Tygra would only be a minor inconvenience. He's still thinking irrationally, and at this point he doesn't deserve Cheetara's loyalty. He betrayed Tygra.

At the end of the episode after they've escaped, and Panthro tells them they just need to stick together, notice that Lion-O hangs his head and can't even look at Tygra or Cheetara. He knows what he did. Hehehe.
Disagree on the last two parts. They contradict what they did in episode 4 about not retreating. So losing three is better than losing one. He is the King and she took a oath to serve the king of thunderia. Then cheetara forfeit being a cleric.

No that is not what he is feeling, his attempt to help the animals was lost. Tygra and cheetara do not support him. You will see in the next episode, lion-o is even worse. He doesn't trust them.

I think he put the happy face on for his brother.

Good point on them being mad at him for risking tygra.

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-28-2012 at 09:54 AM..
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote