TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #80
MegaGearX
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
All those are valid points. I’m just amazed at how meaningless his title has become.
Didn’t both Cheetara and Tygra kneel before Lion-O when Jaga made him King? I’m just dismayed by the fact that Lion-O commands very little authority, as the leader in a potentially dangerous situation. I’m not saying that Lion-O should turn into a dictator. Just that Tygra shouldn’t presume to speak for Lion-O and the ThunderCats. I would have liked to see Claudus’ reaction if Tygra had done something like that to him.

Regarding his position as King, Lion-O has been, for lack of a better word, castrated. Cheetara, the Cleric, undermines him. Tygra, his brother, undermines him. Tygra's actions this episode perhaps rivalled the absurdity of Cheetara’s during the fight in ‘New Alliances.’
I'm not dismayed. Lion-O is a peer...one of the boys.

I think Claudus automatically had the reverence and respect by being older and experienced. He's proven himself and everyone knows this. Lion-O might have the title, but he is basically a peer. He has no legacy of endless exploits that commands respect--just a circle of friends and companions. At 16, his legend is just starting, so it might be awhile before he reaches Claudus level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderian scholar View Post
And that's the problem I have with for quite a time here… DON'T WATCH IT IF YOU HATE IT SO MUCH! But don't complain, if TC lies dormant for another 20 years…
Word. I don't have a problem with haters, but they could at least contribute something to the conversation with that point of view in mind. If not, then they can create their own thread.

Quote:
Back to the episode:
Much better than the last one - Panthro's fear of flight is funny, Kit/Kat's bag was useful. But Cheetara is really being reduced to a cheerleader… sucks big time. Pumyra must be very desperate to get the Tech stone.
Yeah, I'm hating how Cheetara went from the only one with faith in Lion-O to Tygra's girlfriend overnight (okay...I get it. LOL!). Pumyra runs hot and cold, but at least she has a personality in comparison.