TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #46
vshen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
I'd really love to see your process in doing these. The texture work, especially on the Slythe, is really outstanding. I'm curious as to how you approached the scales, as they are displaying some nice depth.
In terms of the depth, the most important thing wasn't the scales at all, it was the shapes and forms and the underlying shading that was most important. I put a lot of effort to make sure the form and shading had volume, only after I was happy with that, then I started the scales. I thought about the flow of the scales and what type for each bodypart, There were a few trial and errors until I achieved the look that I wanted.

Slythe was pretty tedious at time because of the scale work. I studied a lot of references of lizards such as the iguana and observed the flow of the scales and see how it would related to the character.
I didn't follow it 100% becasue I didn't want it to be restrictive to the characters as I envisioned Slythe as a multiple elements of different repltiles. I took references of crocodiles and frilled neck lizards and other smaller reptiles.

I hope that helps Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyCat View Post
seriously, how is this even possible. you have super human talents. I want posters..or something!!
Thanks a lot IndyCat I really appreciate the kind words I am strongly considering the poster thing after I get all the main characters done. I will be talking to some people about some High Quality Prints and setting it up. Stay tuned to this thread for updates about the Prints.

Thanks again for your interest