TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #301
FreakinZoid
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
weigh heavily. Sorry, I don't ever bother proof reading these things. Thank God for context, right?
If someone presents their opinion in a negative way, then the probability of getting a negative response has been raised.
Personally, criticizing the size of a woman's breast, and then deeming that woman manly is offensive . Way more offensive than Dan getting hotty about it. Most female characters in cartoons have one body type. Just one. Men on the other hand are short, heavy set, lanky and buff. Though Pumyra is far from flat chested, it's offensive that any body type other than Cheetara's is deemed less feminine, or not as womanly. Just like men, women come in all shapes and sizes. That goes double for breast!
Criticizing her "lack of rack" is just gross and mean spirited.
Hope that post wasnt too difficult to read. Didn't proof read this one either
Ok. Agree to disagree.
Not a problem, like I said, I just wanted to be sure I understood you. I remember watching an episode of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" where Regis read a question wrong and caused a guy to lose big money because of the misunderstanding.

"If someone presents their opinion in a negative way, then the probability of getting a negative response has been raised." - This all hinges on the perception of the opinion being presented in a negative way. As life shows us, different people percieve things differently. What one might see as negative, another might not. All because of their different perceptions.

I'd agree with you about the breasts if that's all he commented on but given the fact that he also commented on the eyebrows and hair design as well, I see it as more of an aesthetic criticism than negative criticism - just percieved wrong. Besides, it's not like he suggested pumping her up to Pam Anderson Baywatch era proportions or the like in the chest department. That would have been offensive and I would certainly agree with you then.

Lol, no, it wasn't difficult to read at all. As a matter of fact, it was quite well presented. I enjoyed the fact that while we might not agree on the matter, we could share our different opinions in an enlightening discussion.
FreakinZoid is offline   Reply With Quote