Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #372
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepySariFan View Post
*cough* I was the guy who brought this up.

Good for you; you brought it up. (golf clap) Still doesn't change the fact that others used it as well. Again, no exclusivity rights.

So you want to be as much of a jerk as people say Dan is on a rant?

I couldn't be as much of a jerk as Dan Norton if the Federal Government gave me unlimited funds to try.

I've seen them, and I find them rather entertaining.

Not surprised you would find such vulgar comments from Dan entertaining.

Personally, I find remarks from Dan Norton such as:
"I've taken a look at your work ( I wouldn't insult art by labeling it as such), and I could write a dissertation on how completely lacking of any kind of fundamental skill it posses. Anatomy, proportion, composition, color all lacking any understanding of design or function. Quite frankly, I've forgotten more about art then you'll ever be privileged enough to understand. But allow me to impart a bit of wisdom when you so freely inject your remarks. Try asking questions to understand what the intentions are behind the piece. Find out what it's for, and do some homework on who your talking to. And for fu*k's sake, show people respect."

and:

"I'll make this basic, like your art skills, so you can understand it. I could give a sh*t about your 2 cents when you deliver it without tact or invitation. What you seem to not get is that your flippant remark, that was disguised as a question, set the tone of your comment. And when you inject your subjective taste of what you consider the standard of ideal anatomical perfection based on what you like and compare my art to that standard only to fault the work, it becomes a serious insult. Then to dictate to me what correct amount of animal characteristics are put into it.... You're out of your mind. You can bet I'll respond rudely when I see lame posts like yours. What on earth makes you think your comment merits one ounce of my time that would make me have to justify or explain any of my creative decisions. I don't owe you anything. Honestly, what grand pearls of wisdom do you think I could walk away with from your creative input? You're not my boss, you're not my peer, you're not my friend. Why would I even consider your personal tastes or critics?
"Welcome to the internet", who says this shit. Try humbling yourself when you comment on things, especially when approaching professionals of any kind. Don't be so familiar. Don't hide behind the anonymity of the internet to justify your indignant argument.
You don't like my art, fine. You want to talk about it, fine. But I didn't ask for your f*cking opinion. Go find a fan site to rant."

And that was one a completly different day from the rant that has been posted. So pray tell, how many car wrecks does Dan norton get into Chique?

A bit of an exaggeration on my part, as the amount of people attacking Dan seems so extreme to me.

Yes, exaggeration is something you seem very good at.

That's a little hard to tell when I'm the guy who brought it up in the first place, but thanks for making the car wreck ordeal sound like it has more support as a whole than you do as a whole.

Funny that it only sounds that way isn't it?
AnonymousIncognito is offline   Reply With Quote