TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 12:33 AM   #1
Mintcondition
Thunder Kitty
I do think it's great to have new Thundercats toys, and truth be told I've bought just about everything released already.

However I do have some issues...

The number one issue I have with all the figures is the scale in the 4 inch line. I remember back at Toy Fair Bandai was boasting about how proud it was about how they were sticking to a "true scale" with their figures. Meaning that just because the 4 inch figures were...well, 4 inch figures, it didn't mean that every figure was going to be 4 inches tall. They were all going to be on a 4 inch scale, but all the proper height in correlation with one another, like Panthro being really tall, etc.

However, the 4 inch Deluxe Mumm-Ra is barely any taller than Lion-O at all, and the 6 inch Mumm-Ra seems more in scale.

Likewise Snarf seems far too BIG for the 4 inch scale since he's half Lion-O's height, but looks great standing next to the 6 inch Lion-O.

Another thing is, most of the characters can't properly hold their weapons, which is just frustrating.

The Thundertank canopy being so loose is pretty annoying as well.

I have to hand it to Bandai for trying. They really are, but Bandai of America has never impressed me, but at least the 8 inch figures are great. Here's hoping they keep it up.
Mintcondition is offline   Reply With Quote