Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: G.I. Joe News
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #870
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
We've got a preview and review of Snake Eyes #8, available today at your local comic book shops!

Snake Eyes #8
(w)Chuck Dixon (a)Casey Maloney (c)Robert Atkins
Pinned down by Cobra forces and desperate to find a cure to a deadly virus, Snake Eyes and Duke must find a way to stave off the massive attack forces long enough to get to the Ray-Pharm labs. Duke, close to madness and death, resorts to dangerous measures in order to survive. Can Snake Eyes help save his fellow Joe in time? Or will the Cobra Civil War claim another casualty in the heat of battle?

Read on to preview this issue and check out the review!

Snake Eyes #8 Review
Writer: Chuck Dixon
Artist: Casey Maloney
Inker: Juan Castro and Chris Dreier
Colorist: Simon Gough and Romulo Fajardo Jr.
Letterer: Neil Uyetake
Editors: Carlos Guzman and John Barber

Cover A: John Haynes
Cover B: Art by Robert Atkins, colors by Simon Gough
Cover RI: Art by Tom Feister

Review

Snake Eyes #8 features a regular cover(cover A) with a photo of Snake Eyes VS Storm Shadow(using the 25th Anniversary figures). This is misleading because Storm Shadow is nowhere to be seen in this issue.

Duke has been infected with the Madness Bug, so he and Snake Eyes invade Albania, taking Rodrigo Vargas(also infected), with them. Kwinn is brought along to help. Their goal? Bring Vargas to Ray-Pharm so he can share the cure with Duke. There to welcome them are Vipers, and Toxo Vipers oh my!

The way Dixon sets this up, Duke, Kwinn and Snake Eyes, taking on Vipers, should be exciting. However, it falls short due to the artwork. It looks too simplistic. I'm not sure if Maloney had a tight deadline to face, or if this it's just the style, but the simplicity is noticeable. The clarity is there but it just makes the simplicity more apparent. The art reminds me of pack-in mini-comics for toys.

While at Ray-Pharm, Duke hijacks a Cobra Imp. Pretty cool to see that somewhat obscure vehicle in action. It was also cool seeing the Toxo Vipers(both versions!) used. Seems like the 2nd version was used as a Toxo Viper Commander, which was a cool distinction.

Someone does bite the dust...is it Duke? Well, you'll have to read the issue to find that out for yourself.

Overall the premise of this issue is cool, but fell short in execution. Should you buy it? I suggest flipping through it at the store first. There's been stronger issues in this series, especially in the beginning.
Original Source: Snake Eyes #8 Preview And Review - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote