TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #83
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Finally got to watch the episode last night. I did like it, but as others have already stated something was off.

The side story with the twins was not bad, I enjoyed it, however it was in the wrong episode. I felt it took away precious time from the introduction of Pumyra and her back story, which we really needed (and I think a lot of us wanted). Flashbacks to Pumyra and the other cats trying to survive and escape the fall of Thundera would have been a welcome addition. Actually seeing what the other cats had to endure fleeing Thundera, and that they subsequently ended up as slaves would make us feel bad for them and even more important, hate (even though we really love him) Mummra.

Also the battle between Pumyra and Lion-O was resolved way too quickly. We are led to believe she absolutely despises him and yet in a matter of minutes announces her loyalty to him? And the dogs chanting "let them live" made no sense because of how quickly the battle was resolved. Dobo even mentions how rare it is for them to see two cats duke it out. I would think the dogs would feel cheated out of a fight with no victor and actually chant something else. Maybe I've been watching too much Spartacus?

And yeah, if instead of tookit it would have been Quick pick, that would have been epic. I'm looking forward to next weeks episode though that is for sure. Who knows "who" might be amongst the cat slaves.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote