Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #6
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbox183 View Post
I don't mean to rain on your parade or anything, it's just a matter of scalpers suck. Good luck to everyone on finding this stuff before they do -- I love the figures I've managed to get my hands on so far
pretty much this.

I have been collecting a long time and been on many collector forums to know that scalpers arent even worth the time it takes to write up a post about them. the only thing we can do to "put them out of business" is take there same approach but with a different strategy. get to know the employees at toy stores, go to them when they open, be there on delivery days, inform local collectors of current stock at stores so no one misses anything, etc....and when you don find items. Instead of buying them for resale, let you fellow collectors know where they can be found and when they are in stock. if you do want to buy multiples, bring them back to the forum and offer the extras up for Cost + Shipping or trade. You wont make friends any faster way then that. Its the only way to beat scalpers. dont buy from them and beat them at their own game.

on the flip side, the employees at TRU are on a first name basis, and that helps. they are more apt to hold stuff for you and help when they know your a genuine collector and not a reseller.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote