Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 12:22 PM   #18
The Superman J
Man of Steel
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollman ron View Post

A Retailer, Dealer, scalper, flipper is not collecting, and is not a collector; he is stocking or hoarding for future profit. There is a difference.

For the most part I agree with you but, Retailers and Dealers? I don't think that is a fair grouping. Where exactly do you think you are going to get anything to collect if your retailers do not purchase and resell your items? Same for Dealers, which this can be debated, but for the most part Dealers (and small chain retailers) do not get any type of bulk rate/discount/etc for products. So while they may charge more for things, they also pay more for those things as well. And lets not forget, anyone that owns a business and sells these things might know the market. If they purchase a case of figures for said amount, there is no guarantee they are going to sell all those figures. This is why you have shelf warmers. Over stocking....too many of one figure per case...unpopular character....some times dealers and small chain retailers have to increase the price of other figures (they know will sell) in order to make their purchase feasible and recoup costs to even be able to sell things at all. Its not a simple matter of "get said item and resell at higher price because I am a greedy and can make a quick buck".

Now, for the most part tho, ya scalpers suck. But its something we always have to deal with as long as there is any type of "collectible market". Lets not be rash and lump everyone into the same category though. Big difference between a retailer/dealer than a scalper. Some folks aren't lucky enough to have access to large chain stores that sell these either. So sometimes these online and local dealers/retailers are their only option.

Last edited by The Superman J; 08-23-2011 at 12:43 PM..
The Superman J is offline   Reply With Quote