TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 03:38 PM   #30
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
dbz, story? what story? dbz's story is little more then; A big bad guy shows up; who no one can defeat, until they all get stronger, and then after 30 episodes of watching the "not goku or gohan" characters get beat up by the villains then we get to watch goku or gohan fight, after they have been missing due to being hurt, or dead or something lol.

dbz got SO far away from the original idea of the series, which was collecting DRAGON BaLLS and making wishes around them, that they didn't even get BACK to that until dragon ball GT, that very few people actually liked.

and as for the death comments, sure dbz had death, but they'd always find away to bring that character back, even the villains were still "around" in the spirit world, or what ever lol.

in only 4 episodes of thundercats, we have had mulitple deaths, genocide of an entire race. the thundercats went from being the "top" predator, to an endangered species in ONE episode. and every episode after that we have had DEATH all around. especially in the latest episode.

the problem with dbz is it really recycled it's plot lines every season, even to the point where they even recycled the villains.

Buu is basically just Cell, repeated, both were basically immortal and can reform when they're hurt, or damaged, both eat people to gain more powers, and both required goku and the others to "get more powerful" just to defeat him.

I have seen the majority of dragon ball z, the original, the movies and the gt series, the series is ok, and worth watching, but series like dragon ball Kai only proved on how much filler, and useless junk was in that series.

sure the thundercats has had a few episodes of filler so far, but at the same time they each have served a purpose. THINGS happen in them, lionO grows up a little, Panthro joins the cast, they meet new friends, new friends DIE.

IF i had to pick which show i'd say was better, i'd have to say Thundercats, it has better development of characters, a much more rounded cast, of both good and villains, and the plots don't involve a bunch of shirtless men having to "power up".

the lizards are not super powerful creatures who they can not defeat, and nor is mummra, they just have superior numbers, and weapons right now, and the thundercats just have to use superior tactics, that's all!
dolza_khyron is offline   Reply With Quote