Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #65
xander88
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazycp View Post
I have a few more thoughts:

I went back and read Amanda Burns' interview with figures.com when Wave 2 was hitting stores. In that interview, she heavily hints at the Armor of Plundarr and says it will be arriving near the end of 2012.

Now, this is just conjecture, but most likely Wave 2 was produced well before the cartoon even aired, in order to get it all made and shipped and on shelves all the way back in December when it first started popping up.

Most likely, Wave 3 was being considered back then but not given the go-ahead until toy sales and cartoon ratings were in for the first 13 episodes. Again, if you go back to previous interviews with Bandai employees, they stated that toy sales were good. Most likely in late Fall last year, the approval was given for the go-ahead with production of Wave 3. I don't know how long these things usually take, but it seems to make sense why Burns said to expect the toys late 2012.

We may not see anything for a while yet, but I expect when we do (sometime this summer) it will be worth the wait.
Hopefully, but I will be disappointed if we only get Wily Kat and Kit in 6" scale. I'm hoping for a few villains in the next wave of 6" figures plus some more classics. I hope bandai gives the 6" figures more attention now because they have released so much for the 4" scale with nearly every character available. I know the 6" line is more for collectors but I do think that kids probably like them too. I know that when I was a kid I found larger and more detailed figures a lot more appealing.
xander88 is offline   Reply With Quote