Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: 6" Tygra
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #71
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
This isn't directed at anyone in particular but its kind of ironic that some of the same people saying that the line is doing well and will continue are the same ones saying that they are holding out for 6" Tygra to hit Ross, Marshall's or TJ Maxx. What kind of message is that sending Cartoon Network or Bandai.
I am not one of those people, so I don't know, but the impression that I got was that they think the $100+ prices we're seeing on eBay right now are crazy considering it may only be a short time before we see them at retailers and then if history is any indication, only a short time after that will we see them on discount and clearance.

Personally, I am very much in hopes that he still goes full retail and there is enough renewed interest and better marketing that the figure (and the rest of the line) sells well. Bandai has done a terrible job with their retail cases and they have done a worse job of marketing. I don't blame stores at all for not believing in the toy line when they have 20 Mum-Ra's sitting on pegs and overpriced collector toys sitting among toys aimed at kids.

As much as I love the new show and the new toys, it kills me to see their chances butchered like that. I've bought everything I've seen and my kids have got a ton too. I hope the 6" Tygra hits retail and I hope it sells well enough that we never see it on clearance. If history is any indication though, we will likely either never see him in stores or we will see such an overflow and poor sales that he'll be $9.88 on the clearance isle at Wal-Mart next to the 8" Lion-O and Tygra.
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote