TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 10:19 PM   #113
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
Unless i saw it incorrectly, they were very deep into the forest. The Tank where Cheetara and Panthro were at by the end was on the mountain side. I doubt they'd travel a little ways to find some animals. I mean, usually you go for miles until you even see an animal out there. Also, by the time the twins get back it's nighttime and quite dark. And Cheetara and Panthro said they had to find food or they'd sleep outside; even if they slept outside by the tank, they're on a mountain. Even with a sleeping bag and huddled together they'd be freezing.

Besides the aesop, my only problem was with the twins leaving the family, and the whole hunting thing in the first place. I mean, if the twins didn't want to kill an animal couldn't they just send them to look for fruits?
I said this before, but I really don't think we should assume the cats are as useless in the wild as the average human is. They're CATS, and they're clearly supposed to be more wild than humans are. They're strong, fast, they've got FUR(so it's unlikely they'd truly freeze) and so on. I think they would have been fine.

Also, Cheetara and Panthro clearly state that the kids are CAPABLE of getting food, the whole leaving them there was just to get them to stop screwing around. I don't think they were that worried that the kids would actually fail.

Although I still didn't much like the aesop because Panthro and Cheetara were trying to teach them a legitimate life lesson and the show basically undercut the lesson and then sidestepped it. 'oh, we can't kill that animal, it has a family' as though there are animals somewhere without families. Presumably the skunk-badger thing has a family too. A family that it was going to feed the cute animals to and are now starving because of Wilykit and Wilykat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
He let her beat him up.
I don't normally like to be that guy on a forum, but I do think you shouldn't be talking about spoilers for the next episode on the discussion thread about this one. There's a 'the pit' spoiler thread; this discussion should be there.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote