TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #293
RoftheHood
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
...I'm going to go on a bit of a rant here.

I came here hoping to find support and backing for this series. I was trying to avoid the negativity and flat out hatred I had found at the other sites.

And while I have found SOME support......quite a few of you, quite frankly, PISS ME OFF.

You run around here, spewing off about how the old series was much better. About how Jelenic and Norton are "ruining" ThunderCats. Some of you even brazen enough to put it in your signatures.

And some of you even hateful enough to type it with a SMILE.

I speak to Mr. Norton fairly regularly. And let me tell YOU something.....he's a DARN good man with a DEEP LOVE for this series. And I SERIOUSLY doubt he would allow anyone on staff who didn't. You know what notes they had on their office doors? "The moment you've been dreaming of since you were 12."

This ThunderCats is a FLEDGLING SHOW AND LINE. IT. TAKES. TIME. Want to know how Transformers fans got great things like Beast Wars, Prime, and Animated? THEY SUPPORTED THE PREVIOUS LINES. Have you SEEN G1 recently? It. Was. TERRIBLE. And yet, it survived. Why? SUPPORT.

How DARE some of you run around HOPING that this line die. Do you WANT to wait another 25 years for another series to come out? Because I certainly don't. You people blither around about how much you "love" ThunderCats. First off, I'll tell you how much "I" LOVE ThunderCats. This has, and will ALWAYS be my favorite show. It taught me great morals I STILL live my life by. I have the ThunderCats symbol on EVERY door of my house. I wear my ThunderCats belt buckle EVERYWHERE I go. I lived through a rather abusive childhood, and sometimes this show was one of the only things giving me HOPE for a better future.

Yes, the new series has been slightly rushed. And yes, the writing has been somewhat predictable. BUT GUESS WHAT? You'll be hard pressed to find a show on T.V. that ISN'T.

You want the series to do better? You want better figures? THEN SUPPORT THIS ONE. Ford didn't improve because people refused to buy their products. NO company sees a lack of sales and decides to make "better" ones. They sell their first line first. If it does well, they re-evaluate what they did, and try to improve on it to keep people interested.
It takes TIME. It takes LOVE. It take SUPPORT.

So don't tell me you "love" ThunderCats. Not when you post such hate and bile. Not when you gloat about a series doing poorly. Because you don't. You don't honor the ThunderCats in any way. Not Larry Kenney. Not Earl Hammond. Not Stephen Perry. And certainly not the "Code of Thundera".

So keep it up. Keep hating. Me? I'll keep updating the blog. I'll keep pushing this series. Because I'm not giving up. I believe from the bottom of my heart that this series is, and will continue to be, a great thing.

What will YOU do?

DAMN RIGHT!!!! THANK YOU!!!
I will never understand how some of you “fans” will whine and complain about what’s different, or what's changed or, MOST ANNYOYINGLY, is when people are so impatient that they will not wait for these stories and characters to develop; they just hate it right away.
But then what happens?!?! They get SOOOOO mad when the series is threatened.
THE SERIES IS THREATENED BECAUSE AT LEASE HALF OF YOU WILL NOT SUPPORT THIS SERIES!!!
I would LOVE to see a new thread with every single member of this website making a post on what they've done to help SAVE THUNDERCATS. How many of you signed the Petition???
I sure as hell did!