TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #203
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
It was out of the blue, and rushed. I would have liked all the flashbacks to be longer. Cheetara picking Tygra (or anyone) just because they were nice to her (disregarding the flower helping her be a cleric) seems kinda creepy to me. Just because someone's nice to you one time (if we saw more examples of them interacting at all over the years, and he still treated her nice, then i wouldn't be so squicked out) when you're like, 12, weirds me out. Maybe it's just because i'm a female, but if some guy is nice to me once, randomly gives me a flower, then years later expects me to somehow return his feelings without asking me (both brothers are at fault for not asking her how she felt, and using her as competition) how i feel, then refers to me as "something else" his brother doesn't deserve, i wouldn't get with either of them. I know this is a kids show, but what are little girls supposed to take from this, when Cheetara's supposed to be the level headed one, and the only grown up woman on the show so far (we haven't seen much of Kit)?

I'm not so much concerned over the "love triangle" anymore as i'm concerned over what this show is teaching kids about -- like Tygra's treatment of Lion-o, the brothers both using Cheetara as a trophy/not asking her how she felt/her not making herself clearer, Cheetara's body language with Lion-o, and her reason for picking Tygra, etc.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote