TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #20
Joe Moore
Administrator
Game Trailers was covering the Gamers Day event, and this was one of the games they posted a very short video for. It's not an in-depth interview or anything. Again, stumbled upon this while looking for something else completely. Wasn't featured on their main pages (which I visit daily), in their newest media feed, etc. they simply posted it and buried it.

I see the DS game as nothing but a cheap game to justify having the video game license. It's akin to shovelware, not something you go out of your way to announce. It's a low budget game made by a low budget studio. It's a pretty bland looking game to boot.

A console game, on the other hand, would require a much more significant budget simply due to logistics. A modern console game would also act as a tent pole for the property, which would lead to a greater "push" to advertise the in-development game to garner some market awareness as the costs to recoup would be much greater.

If there is something in development, it's so far off that it's not worth them mentioning now. Either way, as much as I hope they do a worthwhile console game, I don't see a DS game as any indication that a console game is forthcoming, unfortunately.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote