TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 02:28 AM   #15
si3ge
Thunder Kitty
i remember little from the original series. does bengali do that? i dont really see a problem with changing the look of the sword (doesnt have to be a major overhaul just an upgrade). i also think that if they keep everything "safe" the show will get stale. weve already seen that with new stones the claw shield can turn into power armor. i thought the drifter was a really cool character and would like to see him become more than a 1 episode character.
also changing the sword only gives bandai an opportunity to release more toys in a new wave. new liono with powerarmor+sword, new role-play sword, etc.
i guess i just want to see the show be bold in its direction like adult dramas. i see shows like breaking bad, walking dead, spartacus, game of thrones, etc. that arent afraid to change everything up now and then and surprise everyone. not saying they have to kill a character (i know its a kids show too) but i dont think they should listen to some of these fans who are purists and dont want a single deviation from the original thundercats.
keep it fresh and original. take TC where its never been and shock everyone! nostalgia started them off with a huge fanbase but that alone wont keep everyone watching a story that never changes for long.
si3ge is offline   Reply With Quote