TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #204
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
Funny, this episode, how much it did to tie up all those "filler" episodes.

Without New Alliances, Mumm-Ra would not have had nearly the army he did to attack the cloud City.

Without the Trials of Lion-O, Tygra and the team wouldn't be behind him like they were in this episode.

Without the Pit, Curse of Ratilla, and Birth of the Blades, they wouldn't have been able to set up Mumm-Ra with the weapons of Plundarr or Pumyra's place with the ThunderCats.

Without the Forever Bag, they never would have been able to take all of the ThunderCats allies to the could city.

Recipe for Disaster I'm a bit torn on. I feel like they used it to show how Lion-O felt about Pumyra. It did affect me on how big Pumyra's betrayal was.

If we never took a trip to the Soul Sever's lair, they never would have known about the cloud city in the first place, nor would they have found the parts needed to build the Feliner.

So really, the only throw-away episodes of this half of the season have been Survival of the Fittest and Native Son. Everything else has been utterly relevant to build up to this finale. Maybe even those episodes I don't see as relevant right now are meant to flourish later too.

EDIT: Actually, Native Son illustrated to use how powerful the Ancient Spirits of Evil are, and their capabilities over life and death; utterly relevant to them not just pulling a resurrected Pumyra out of their asses. That leaves ONE episode that may be authentically filler.

Last edited by CreepySariFan; 06-17-2012 at 08:22 PM..
CreepySariFan is offline   Reply With Quote