TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #49
Icespark
Thunder Kitty
Well, that was excellent!

I'm incredibly pleased, and I cannot wait to see more! The rest of my family that watched have the same opinion.

The writing was very strong, and the animation was simply beautiful! I especially liked the color pallette; both the color tones, and the shading added to the atmosphere of each scene!

The voice-acting was also very strong! Will Friedle did an excellent job as Lion-O, and I loved Corey Burton's performace as Jaga.

Snarf was adorable!

Some small spoiler-laden commentary: (Warning, I can't seem to get the spoiler code to work, so, spoilers below!)

[spoiler] I can't believe they showed Lynx-O! I notice that he's already blind; I wonder if we'll recieve a back-story on that?

Since they showed us Lynx-O, I wonder where Ben-Gali and Pumyra are? I can't wait to find out!

Mumm-Ra was very menacing; I loved how they made his eyes glow; I do wish that Mumm-Ra had cackled maniacally, though.

I loved Larry Kenny's performance as King Claudis! I do wonder if he'll be in further episode, perhaps in flashback form.

A good lizard has much story-telling potential....

The plot twist with Mumm-Ra's entrance was fantastic, and took all of us by surprise; my grandmother in particular could not stop talking about it!
[\spoiler]

END SPOILERS

Thundercats 2011 is easily the strongest relaunch out of any classic series I've seen so far.

All in all, the series is off to a fantastic start. I truly hope they can keep up this level of quality. If they can, I think Thundercat fans everywhere will be in for a spectacular adventure!

Last edited by Icespark; 07-29-2011 at 08:55 PM..
Icespark is offline   Reply With Quote