TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 12:09 AM   #166
Epitaph
The Hidden One
I'm highly amused to see that the forum, which was largely "OH NOEZ, Lion-o/Pumyra!" is now "OH NOEZ, Pumyra iz traitorz!!!11oneeleventyone!"

You know, with slightly better grammar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
Bigger plot hole is why sight beyond sight didn't reveal her true nature or pick up on some kind of bad aura on her. Or why miss cleric couldn't detect mumm-ra's bad magic which would be similar to that of the sword of plundar
I didn't think of that before. Perhaps Sight Beyond Sight only works on something Lion-O is actively looking for...like the switch to cross the chasm at the Temple of Omens, or when looking for what was wrong with Tygra's clan...he already knew something was amiss. Pumyra being undead totally blindsided him (and why shouldn't it?!)

As for Cheetara, I'd have to say that perhaps her powers aren't strong enough for her to sense the presence of undead. Or maybe the ASoE are just that good.

As for the episode itself, I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who enjoyed it, even if it was somewhat cliche. I liked the call back to all the folks Lion-O has helped, and totally saw the Forever Bag thing coming :P I was disappointed not to see the Drifter, but I imagine he'd be hard to track down, given his usual means of travel, and no one besides Lion-O has even met him.

I did not see the 'Pumyra iz traitorz' thing coming, although now I'm trying to figure out how I missed it. It makes perfect sense. Her being dead was quite a shocker, but I think it adds depth to her character. Cliched depth, but depth. Actually, at the beginning of the episode, I was admiring how gently Lion-O rebuked her...now and again we see shades of the wise king he's going to be, and how far he's come since he left Thundara in a rage.

A nice spot of brotherly-protection, too, with Tygra coming to Lion-O's rescue, with another one of those 'No-one picks on my brother but me' kind of lines. I didn't mind the exchange between Cheetara and Tygra either...their relationship seems to be settling down to a 'Yeah, we're together, this is normal now' kind of thing...I wouldn't mind seeing them face some sort of difficulty to shake them up a little bit, though not at the expense of action and plot.

Let's see...Oh yes, and I thought Kit's bit at the end with Lion-O was quite endearing. Pairing nonsense aside (I hope you all aren't serious about that! o.O;; ) I really like the little sister role she seems to have become to Lion-O, who has been the younger sibling all his life. I'd be interested to see how Kat feels about someone else being his twin sister's hero. Anyway, with the way Lion-O seems to be jerked about every time he finally offers part of his heart to someone (friends and potential mates alike!), it's nice to see someone who truly, honestly loves him and looks up to him, with no ulterior motives.

Beyond hoping he might lead them to the City of Gold and all.

I think this was the best episode I've seen from the new Thundercats in a while, and has done a good job restoring a sense of urgency and plot continuity. With the Tcats being at the disadvantage now, losing a stone and an ally, it actually feels like they may have to step up their game again, rather than coasting as they have since episode 16 or so.

A hiatus wouldn't be the end of the world, but I really hope this isn't the last we see of the new series for a while. This episode was a carrot...don't give us the stick now!

< /long winded post of long-windedness >

Last edited by Epitaph; 06-17-2012 at 12:13 AM..
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote