TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #120
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
I agree in that I too can see how the writers could have potentially used the relationship between Lion-O and Tygra to "build Lion-O up" in season two, but I disagree with this plot strategy completely and the fact that all the kids barely mention Lion-O as their favorite character is proof that it failed.

In Star Wars right from the start you knew Luke was an underdog and needed to be built up, but he had characters like Obi Wan, Leah, and even C3PO to some extent supporting him rather then bullying him or making fun of him constantly. In the OS of Thundercats they followed this formula and it worked. The other cats would point out his flaws, but in a way where he could learn and grow from his mistakes.

Sure, Han Solo would "rib" Luke every now and then but never to the extent Tygra would put Lion-O down with every opportunity like in the NS. Hell even Panthro would put him down as well in the first few episodes.

The writers could have found much better ways to build up Lion-O then the route they chose. Or made it happen earlier as opposed to waiting until season two (if that was even the plan) to show any character growth for Lion-O.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote