TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #155
Shadowknight1
Thunder Kitty
I had a few problems with this episode. Not really "writing" per se, but some things that strain logic. First, the idea that wiping out an entire galaxy would only destroy two planets that support life that only orbit a single star is kinda bogus. Surely there would be more than two in an entire galaxy. Secondly...why in the name of Thundera would Mumm-ra need a SWORD when he has a bomb that can reduce an entire galaxy to a glob of metal???? It seems to me that he already has a weapon more powerful than his stupid sword. That'd be like Emperor Palpatine claiming he needs a new lightsaber even though he has the Death Star at his beckon call.

And now for a problem I had with the writing. Since Lion-O refused to fight Pumyra in the Pit, she treated him with a great deal of respect in the last episode, even going so far as to throw that flirty "Maybe you should move on to another cat" line. Then, in THIS episode, she goes back to being bitchy, snarky, and all around rude up until the end. Tell me, do the writers watch the previous episodes? Or is Pumyra just supposed to be bipolar?

And to throw in my two cents about Cheetara. At first, I was like many of you, ie. ticked off that she was "in love" with Tygra after throwing all those signals at Lion-O. She then said that she was sticking close to him to help him reach his destiny, blah blah. I wasn't buying it at first, but now that I think on it...Lion-O's essentially a young man, probably just out of his teens if not still in them. What better way for a girl with nice curves to push a guy into following the path laid out before him? She doesn't exactly have Jaga's talent for...well, talking and making Lion-O listen...so she has to work with what she's got. But I think that her confidence in her cleric abilities and duties has fallen since the "everything's changed" bit, so she really needs an episode to get herself back up and on the job. Where's the spirit of Jaga when you need him?
Shadowknight1 is offline   Reply With Quote