TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #302
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
butthurt is a very common term on the internet btw.

Anyway it's not that Dan can't take criticism. It's how that criticism is presented that's the problem. Frankly if he couldn't take criticism there would be no way he would be able to make a living doing what he does because his bosses (and potential bosses) can and would criticize the hell out of his work.
Exactly, good point. I dabble in art myself. Nothing spectacular, the occasional Transformers or MLP FiM art here and there. I appreciate criticism that's given like "You should focus more on shading" or "His left leg feels off, check that out".

However 'criticism' like Dan got, is not criticism. It's trolling. Saying straight out that you don't like something, fine. But saying you don't like Pumyra because "she looks like a man with such breasts" (which, btw, astounds me, she has perfectly fine breasts IMHO), or just leaving a comment saying "It sucks"? Sorry, that's trolling.

I know, internet and (relative) anonymity provides people with opportunities to "tell off" anyone, that still does not make this a mature behaviour. Especially because they provide no valid reason why they dislike something. In which case, I say they should have better not spoken at all. And such baseless dirt-throwing can and will make people mad, especially if they worked hard on said artwork. I can totally understand Dan. He's probably still working hard to provide new designs for Season 2, and he takes the time to still share his S1 work with us.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 05-20-2012 at 10:00 AM..
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote