TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 04:30 AM   #51
ThunderClaw
Thunder Kitty
I feel bad for Lion-O! He has a father (Claudus) that didn't believe in him, no Mother, a bro (Tygra) who is jealous of him, a fallen mentor (Jaga) , and a girl (Cheetara) who uses feelings to fulfill a destiny that he didn't want!

If you look at the first episode you get the feeling that Tygra arrogant, self confident pompous jerk who has a huge ego! And when he winks at a female clerics who is Cheetara she looks disgusted. And at the end of the pilot premiere of ThunderCats both Lion-O and Tygra seem shock to see its is Cheetara who is the last surviving member of clerics. This shouldn't be it the case if in episode 12 and 13 are to be believed that Tygra helped Cheetara to become a member of the clerics. It seems to me that the last two episodes of the show are the only reason that you and have a have them together! Because throughout the show. There's been some affection feeling between Lion-O and Cheetara.

Just makes me wonder what the writers of the show are thinking are they doing it for shock value or did they really thought this through? I love the relationship idea between Lion-O and Cheetara. Eight combine the fact that his brother always wins no matter what but the brother can have the sword of omens for the girl of his dreams. However, that I sell all but destroyed that idea. Seems like the writers to the easy way out. Instead of doing a much more interesting and enlightening story. Now we come to find out probably that Jaga told Cheetara to look after Lion-O and protect him and watch over and make sure he stays out trouble. And that her affection to him was affectionate as a brother or sister type of affection not a girlfriend affection. I think the writers dropped the ball big time on the series and I hope I'm not the only one who thinks!

What I hope that happens in season two is in the first couples episodes is that we see Lion-O grow! So far we have seen him be overprotected by a girl he thought as a girlfriend and a brother that has to keep saving him and by all accounts seems to be a better hand-to-hand combat fighter then him. So far all I seem that makes him the leader at all is the fact they can use a sword and shield when no one else can!

What I hope happens is that in the beginning of the second season is that Lion-O will take off the glove put down the sword walk away from the Thundercats! To find his own way making himself a hero then using the sword and shield to battle evil! Keep in mind he's a young teenager who throughout his whole life he's has had people to protect him and that have told him that he's not ready. They he needed to be protected. How would you feel if you were a teenager that had people talking on your back I'm making plans for you behind your back without telling you what your destiny could be or should be! If I were him I would at least want to try to make it on my own without a weapon with my own two hands! What I would like to see happen is that he does walk away and tries to make it on his own. Where Tygra, Cheetara, and Panthro look for the stones on their own while Lion-O tries to do it without the sword and shield on his own with WilyKit and WilyKat tagging along.

How I would start season two is right off the bat. Have Lion-O in a conflict with a bad guy points out all of the shortcomings how his brothers a better fighter how he is nothing without the weapons and how he constantly needs protecting for someone claiming to the Lord of the ThunderCats! And the conflict between him and Cheetara come up that he feels she never really believed in him that all she ever really believed in was the bloodline and his ability to use a short sword and shield, and not him. Of course she'll say that's not true, and so on and so on. He would ask Panthro what is out there and did it help him grow at all. And then slowly make the decision to leave, but before leaving go see Jaga one last time. Find a way to make his brother be allowed to use a sword and shield. And when he does make his brother allowed to be use a sword and shield he leaves but his brother tries to stop him and starts to rain again to a argument the fight in the rain and the rain is equivalent to their range in the fight and at the end of the fight Lion-O wins and walks away and Tygra is in shock that he won. WilyKit and WilyKat follow Lion-O because one WilyKit is worried about Lion-O and two because WilyKat thinks, the way that Lion-0 is heading is away to "the lost city of El Dara" and I hope on their way they make some more allies and that it's basic like Lion-O Team who I would have Lion-O, Pumyra,,Demolisher, WilyKit and WilyKat (if you don't know who Pumyra,and Demolisher are looked at wikipedia.) And have the other team be Tygra, Cheetara, Panthro and Ben-Gali. (if you don't know who Ben-Gali. are looked at wikipedia.) Lion-O looking for himself while Tygra look 4 both for Lion-O and the stones.

This is how I would handle it is to have the Demolisher be sort of like a master or teacher to Lion-O to show them how to fight hand-to-hand combat with and without weapons and build up your self-confidence that he has lost thanks to Cheetara. It would have the Demolisher go toe to toe with Mumm-Ra with meaning little or no help at all in handling him. I will also have WilyKit wanting to become a strong warrior and trains with Lion-O and when WilyKat sees how strong WilyKit has gotten. He starts to train to.

With Tygra team will be questioning themselves if they have handled Lion-O the right way. If Cheetara should've been upfront with their feelings with Lion-O from the beginning would he still be with them? And how she could've helped them without leading him on. And with Tygra , he will question if he could been a better brother and believe in Lion-O more than he did. Panthro had offered to help Lion-O on his quest for independence butLion-O asked him to stay with both his brother and Cheetara standing he still cares for both of them! And besides himself Panthro is the only other one who understands technology! When Panthro ask if he wants to take the ThunderTank Lion-O just says the walk!

With Pumyra, and,Ben-Gali. It will be a question if if one or both of them are servants of Mumm-Ra looking to betray their team but one of them definitely is. The question is, one or both of them?!

What's most likely going to happen in the second season is the first episode of the second season Lion-O and Cheetara are going to kiss and make up and everyone is going ot be fine and Tygra is going to be happy with Cheetara as his GF and Lion-O is no going to be happy but wil be ok with it and later on down the road Pumyra will come in to his life and be happy. It's so easy to see. That's what's going to happen. This shows good but could be so much better!!! What do you guys think? And what do u think of my ideas?
ThunderClaw is offline   Reply With Quote