Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #160
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
Not just media romance, but real life.

Weak or not, self-dependency seems to be very important when picking a mate. It looked like Cheetara was literally and figuratively doing a lot of hand holding. Were they ever shown just hanging out, or did all of their "romantic scenes" involve Cheetara telling Lion-O that he was capable? It was always about helping Lion-O feel better.

Also, you want to feel like your only equal footing with your mate. Cheetara sees herself as his subject, he is her king. Even when she thinks he's wrong, she usually goes along with it. If anyone questions it, they do it because he is the king. I think a good love interest would assert herself more, be more aggressive. King or not, if I'm going to support it, the love interest needs to be seen as compatible. She has no problem telling Tygra to shove it, so that was a point in that ships favor for me.
That's getting a little TOO stereotype-y for me. Relationships come in all shapes and sizes.

While I agree, and prefer, to be on equal footing with my mate, such an argument is a little irrelevant for a king. It's the nature of the beast that no mate is EVER on an equal footing with a king, and was likely their subject before they were married, especially in a world where your whole race is your kingdom, so you can't even go one kingdom over to find a bride not in awe of your station.

That said, I have no problem with compatibility, and hope they show Pumyra, or someone, who has compatibility with Lion-o become his Love Interest. Cheetara could have worked, but I was always pretty convinced she'd end up with Tygra.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote