Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 12:57 AM   #177
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
Didn't we just talk about stereotypes? Personally, I don't think Lion-O is wrong to feel angry (he likes her and thought she liked him too), but it's not justified . It's the way the media likes to spin this trope. Boy likes girl, boy and girl have a good relationship but girls doesn't want to have more. Let's turn the girl into a villainous harlot, and talk about how dumb she is to chose the ass hole. No mind that the boy never asked her how she felt. Also Cheetara has been VERY good to Lion-O. He doesn't even acknowledges that, which basically means he only seen her as a love interest.
Ok, how does recognizing that Cheetara has expressed little to no interest in anything but Lion-O, affect my interpretation of this triangle? If you ask me, Cheetara had less to do with the "triangle" than Lion-O and Tygra. While their interest was clear, hers was not.
Anyways, that was a response to her treatment as a character. People were complaining that she did little else other than encourage Lion-O. It made her dull and flat. Nothing else about her character was ever really addressed.I like 12 year old Cheetara way more than I like 19 year old Cheetara. That's because in an effort to make her likable, the author gave her a more dynamic personality. I had more opportunity to fall for her in that one scene, then I did in the rest of her screen time the entire season.

It wouldnt be the first time the author lead his/her audience on. It's not that uncommon.
Part of the problem is Cheetara's 'excuse' for always watching over him. She tossed out the "Jaga told me to" card, and now even if she did honestly believe in him (which the last few eps has me question how much she really does) Lion O will be questioning how much of Cheetara is his friend and how much was her doing what her mentor asked her to do. It's like finding out your best friend was paid to be your friend.

Between her split second surrender in ep 14, and Kit having FAR more faith in Lion O surviving a fall than Cheetara (they saw him fall they didn't see him die) there's a lot more ground between them than the first 12 eps led us to believe, and that saddens me because I had hoped even chosing Tygra she'd remain Lion O's most stedfast support. She promised that she'd believe in him, and she's being trumped by a eight year old kitten.

I'm happy that Tygra and Lion O's relationship is getting its bridge patched up some, but his and Cheetara's needs some work done too if this team is going to hold together.
CCDustyV is offline   Reply With Quote