Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 08:08 AM   #19
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennY View Post
I will give you that, the new Thundercat figures are a TON better than the originals. I will also say that the Thundercats figures do have the most contrast to their originals, but only because the paint aps on the originals was horrible. Lion-O wasn't orange (original figure paint app), and they've added an extra blue to the new Tygra figure's torso, but other than that they are as much copies of the originals. To say that there isn't a significant difference in sculpt from the original MOTU to the new MOTUC is unffair. Yes, the new MOTUC are a much closer match to their originals, but if we compare cartoons to figures, the original Thundercat figures were atrocious in comparison so ofcourse there is going to be a significant change.

Thundercats Old to New = poor to great
MOTU Old to New = fair to great

Now please don't get me wrong, I am just as big of a Thundercat fan as I am MOTU, the reason I am arguing this is because I am currently in school getting a degree in Industrial Design (Toy Design) in hopes to start designing action figures for a large company such as these, and I see the work that goes into these more so than the average joe. So yes, I may be over analyzing the whole topic, but I see a vast difference in the MOTUC from the MOTU rather than a carbon copy with added articulation. I also agree that the Thundercat figures are slightly better, BUT I absolutely would not catagorize the MOTUC as "SUCK".
I have no problems with people enjoying and toy line. Even ones I don't like. It's all good, and what makes collecting so diverse. The MOTUC figures aren't for me in the least.