TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #12
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
you say "you want to complete your 6" team", but you "left several tygras?"
If you know hes been in demand since release.. why didnt you buy them to help others out like your suggesting?

I also buy stuff second market, but since I have a larger network, I am able to get things a significant reduction to 2nd market prices or I do equivalent exchange on a 1:1 2:1 3:1 Level market value for approximate market value

My first post here I was attacked for posting something for sale with no price attached, If this is the reception I get, I really shouldn't have to "help people" here with those kinda of attitudes. Nor would I, Lots of things I want I don't get for the price I want, I pay to Play, I dont cry about about it, I accept it for what it is, "Market conditions"

No one's saying its "Fair or Cool" but I dont attack people for no reason and whine/cry when someone has alot of something I WANT. I dont care if someone post 300 Tygra's/Storm shadows/SDCC Items. I will find the cheapest figure I can and work within my budget, not feel I need to address a situation and post people facebook/Ebay Information because I am upset they have something I couldn't acquire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippen View Post
Just want to leave my insight on this. I collect mostly GI Joes and with Thundercats its the second line I can say I want to collect. Mostly as everyone noticed I want to complete the 6'' main TC team.

I have a bunch of MU MOC none of them is repeated. I wanted them to open and collect but I noticed I have too much things and not enough space and my priority is GI Joe.

The reason I'm telling this is because I want to make some cash return with those MOC MUs but I'm not planning to sell them now. Maybe in a few years to have some cash return. So I can understand her deal.

However as a collector she should also feel the other side of the coin. Wanting an item and not being able to have it. I could even understand if she had 2 or 3 figures and place it on ebay and goes for much more then she anticipated. Heck I had an extra Cheetara and I was going to place her there and with some luck get more money then I got in the end as I sold her at cost price $16 to a user here.

I preferred to have my money or at least the major part of it (since I didn't include the initial shipping because she was shipped with another figure) and also feel good while helping someone in need.

So to resume grabbing 10 Tygras means you want to run a business out of it and that is not very well seen as you can notice its not a matter of making something illegal or whatever its a matter of ethic. It's not ethical specially from a collector that suffers the same type of situation to grab 10 or more figures knowing how hard it is to find him and sell it like that. I'm not saying you shouldn't make some profit but not 8x more then cost price.

I can understand someone buying 10 or 15 Cobra Troopers and then realizes that he doesn't need them and sells them but not a Tygra. You also mentioned The Renegades SS a very hard to get indeed but on the other day I saw someone with a couple over at hisstank which was trading them for 2 figures (don't remember which but weren't any so hard to get) so basically he was just helping others out.

As I said its a question of ethic. You can buy the 10 or 100 and make some profit with each one I consider $5 to $10 something acceptable. It all depends of what you thought when you bought them. Did you think "hey let me buy these so I can help some guys before some scalpers get it" or did you thinks "hey I will take them all and make some cash with them". By the way why didn't you try to help people here first instead of selling them on ebay and coming here later?

Anyway they are yours you can do what you want with them but I wouldn't feel comfortable coming here as a helper when you are asking that much money for each of them. It would be best if you just place a topic on the buy/sell section and whoever likes the price gets it who doesn't walks away. Doing it here its just like you're promoting your profitable business.

And so that you know I could have bought several Tygras myself if I wanted didn't do it because I look at this activity as an hobby something to entertain myself and not as a business maybe I'm the jackass here since I spend more then I earn from this.

Even the customs I sell, I do it when a better figure pops out or I do a better one, or I simply get tired of it. Never with the intention of selling them.

Anyway my 2 cents.
Starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote