TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #38
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
I usually start my auctions for low starting amounts and if I have multiples I put them up, the reason I started the other 2 at 69.99 is someone just paid $76 and as a seller i didn't feel it was right to put it up for for insanely less than what I just sold it for as a BIN Price, I put a lower starting bid I believe, so someone could have bid it and possibily won it for $20, I put the other one i had up for 17.99 as an auction only (originally I had the others up as an auction only also but i put BIN 3 day auctions as people like me, who want it NOW don't like to wait. if you have It, and I want it I dont care. But don't worry I have sold all the tygras I had, also if I happen to find/get more, the folks who "complained/felt they had to put thier 2 cents in, can just skip my posts I didn't know that 'being a fan' when i signed up entitled me to things at cost, if I kick and stomp my feet and or attack people I don't know over the internet out of jealousy/nerd rage. sincerely, I Hope that all the folks whether they like me or not are able to find a Tygra within thier budget, or are able to trade and accquire it within reasonable means, Honestly I probably will end up with more of them, but I won't post them again here because its gonna create more hate, folks are obviously passionate about the figures, but really all your anger shouldn't be directed at me, it should directed at Bandai/Toys R us/Wal-mart and on line retailers, They are the ones ultimately responsible for having product available, but in turn Fans are responsible for making a line succeed or fail, All these folks who don't "Have a Tygra" did you buy your figures at 15.99 or what ever price at retail? or did you do like I did and SCOFF at the price? and buy them (all but Tygra) on clearance for 9.99 at walmart? I bought several figures from walmart for 9.97 In my cabinet, I have Panthro/Mumm-ra/Cheetara/and Lion O... I also have all of those same figures MOC (2 sets) For some odd reason, I could only find panthro and MUMM-RA At tru and I got cheetara and lion o from WM... IDK..... but anyways my point is, the only folks who are responsible for figures going for crazy money are the FANS because A.) They bid them up to the prices or choose 'BIN" or B.) they decide that a figures price point is to high initially, and don't pay it leading to retailers to believe the figures are "not a good retail investment" and don't reorder additional waves, so therefore the figures sit in warehouses and don't see distribution causing people who are impatient or "have to have it" to drive the price insanely high.
People can think what they want, but if you go through ALL MY ebay feedback you will see not only do I "sell high" but i "buy high" to..... I make money and I break even on certain things, this isn't my business its my hobby I dont "need" to sell things for money to pay my bills, but it does help signifigantly when trying to find things I passed on, or don't feel justified in paying inflated mark up on... I have no probelm dropping 200$ on a hot toy 12" doll..... but an original frankie stein (black white) version from sdcc for $300.. sorry, as much as I want it, its not in my budget, even if i can afford it, but for those who can and do it... I congratulate them
Starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote