Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #297
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepySariFan View Post
I was partly joking, but I am sick of everyone using Avatar as the prime example of cartoon storytelling when it's not a show for everyone. It goes without saying that the character designs hadn't been even remotely great until Korra came along.

The writing is well within the same grade as Transformers Animated, and people have deep seated feelings for that show. Sure, not every episode is going to be a masterpiece, but, we're 16 episodes in and we're practically in the process of fleshing out a new chunk of the setting every episode. It doesn't deserve this kind of slander. Not from you, not from 4chan, not from anyone.
You seem to have a lot of minority opinions. Those opinions are entirely valid, but you kind of act like anyone that doesn't agree with you is wrong. Avatar is held up as the prime example of cartoon storytelling because for a LOT of people, it is. Also, it had a serialized story with a beginning, middle, and end, which directly relates to what they're trying to do here.

Secondly, I've never seen transformers animated (though I am a huge Transformers fan and have seen almost everything else), but if it had this level of writing, I may not watch it ever, since there are numerous other transformers shows to watch.

There is a reason people keep saying this show has bad writing. Because, to most people, it does. People don't just randomly attack the writing, and this isn't one or two people. People everywhere, from random fans to professional critics, constantly cite the bad writing. That is not a conspiracy, it is the honest feelings of most of the people that watch this show. The show has great animation, a fascinating setting, characters that we love (although I'm not enamored with some of the NS directions they've gone), but it's writing is NOT up to par.

Last edited by KaleRylan; 04-10-2012 at 07:51 PM..
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote