TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 05:16 AM   #152
nickanu
Thunder Kitty
I was blown away after I watched the first two episodes of the new series.
My inner nerd was jumping up and down. I love the world, the artwork, especially the dialogue between the characters and all the different species.
But by the the second season it seemed to be falling apart.
I don’t think it has anything to do with the writers I think it has to do with the higher ups.
I believe the bigwigs gave up on the series along time ago, it has suffered because of it. If I had to guess I’d say they probably limited the budget and just didn’t want much time in money spent on.
WB purposely kill the new thunder cats and it really pisses me off…. I’ve been waiting for something like this for a while.
I am a fantasy lover, I am the kind of person who waited in line to see all the Lord of the rings and is impatiently waiting for the hobbit. The kind of person who played final fantasy 7 over and over again….
So there’s not a lot of cartoons on right now that feeds my hunger for fantasy. This was like the only one…
I am just greatly displeased with the treatment it’s been getting. I hate to see a show with such potential killed off....

If you look at the fillers from the beginning of the series and the fillers now the writing is completely different. For instance one of my favorite episodes was the drifter and the dualist. I love that episode and it was a filler, it had nothing to do with the overall plot.
But then you look at the fillers of the second season and let’s face it there mind numbing. I personally think they’re just limiting what the writers and animators can do to save money….
It just irks me because we have this huge world that we have yet to explore and we probably never will get that chance.
I want to be a writer and animator one day but when I see good series like this thrown away because of money. I become greatly discouraged because this is the kind of series I would love to write or animate for.

I can’t help but say I feel let down by it all, to the point where I want to say screw cartoon network and screw WB…..

Last edited by nickanu; 06-15-2012 at 05:21 AM..
nickanu is offline   Reply With Quote