TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 07:50 AM   #154
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
Here's the 40-50% version; Panthro is a lone samurai panther man who finds a baby lion cub, and names him Lion-o. He trains him in the art of nunchucking, and eventually they build an electro-magical sword to take out the forces of Mumm-ra, Panthro's childhood friend who was horribly disfigured in a cooking accident. Along the way Lion-o learns that his parents, Tygra and Cheetara, were killed by Mumm-ra, and his brother and sister Kit and Kat are being held captive by the crazy old mummy. The evil mutants hang out on Third-Earth waiting to do something evil.

Heroes all accounted for, villain in place, same location, similar plot.

Some of us are mad about tweaks made on characters to flesh them out a bit. In the OS, Tygra's character was basically: A Nice Guy Who Builds Some Things, Though Not As Well As Panthro. There isn't much to work with there, any update would have to add some depth to all of these characters. Although many seem satisfied with a character who: Is Smart, Motherly, And Runs Really Fast; characters like this need external forces to move them through the plot, and ultimately, they stay pretty flat throughout the story. See OS.

I don't know why I keep discussing the minutia of this show with people who get all biblical about the OS, but here's my last thought for those of us who hate the flaws they've built into the new characters;

If you're planning a 3-4 season story arc, do you really want all of your characters to be perfect 1/2 way through the first season? Or do you want to give them room to grow over the course of the series...? Maybe some of the characterization could have been handled better or more consistently, but where do you go with a good story if your characters are awesome from the beginning? After all, it took Luke Skywalker 3 movies to go from whiny farm-boy to badass Jedi.

Maybe if you relax, take a moment to realize it's a children's show, and hold off on judging every minor tweak, you might enjoy the ride.
What they did to cheetara (I am not talking about the romance) is not a minor tweak.

Lion-o and the SoO are not a minor weak.

If I remember, it was Luke that destroyed the death star in episode 4. I think that is really awesome. What has lion-o done?
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote