Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #165
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexofThundera View Post
If I put 10 people in a room and said "Luke Skywalker" 9 of them would picture Luke with a blazing green light saber in hand.
Yes, that might be how they picture him, but it took 2 movies and losing his hand to get there... my point is that if you're planning a three season arc (essentially 3 movies) you don't want your character to go from farm-boy to unstoppable Jedi halfway through the first movie (or even by the end of the first movie,) you want to give some room to grow. None of us have any idea what they're planning for subsequent seasons, but there's a very good chance they intend to make Lion-o into a Jedi by the end (if they get that far...)

If you look at a property like Avengers, they eventually run out of plausible situations to stick the characters in because they're soooo damn powerful. So every new story involves a crazier reason someone or something is going to destroy the world, universe, time, whatever, and the stories start to feel formulaic and forced.

I don't think the new series is perfect, but giving Lion-o room to grow isn't necessarily a sign that they hate the character or the fans.
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote