Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #175
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGearX View Post
Yes, the respect was there in the OS. I believe the respect isn't there in the NS because most of the characters are peers.

Lion-O is growing as a king, but it's a slow process and he still has a long way to go. He has to get to that point with less episodes. I think a problem with his growth was that the new Trials failed to establish him as the Lord of the ThunderCats the way the Old Trials did. In the OS, the Trials were a MAJOR event in Lion-O's evolution; a ThunderCat tradition that established the true King at the end, should the candidate pass. In the NS, the Trials were completely different and meant nothing to the other ThunderCats, as they weren't the actual ThunderCats testing Lion-O. It was a chance for Lion-O to earn the right to be alive once more. While Lion-O did rescue the other ThunderCats, he still lacks their respect as King.

We probably would have seen Lion-O develop more if they hadn't wasted a few episodes.
Agreed.

I am fine with fillers, if they flesh out the characters. I just wish lion-o was stronger.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote