TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 12:22 PM   #36
docfairday
Thunder Kitty
If it bombs then Target will have a decent clearance price on the left overs including the more expensive playsets.

It's a hard call I think those of us who grew up in the 80s with the Original Thundercats will be very dissappointed. I have seen this dissappointment with so many other reincarnations of old lines for example:
Hasbro was on a huge upside in sales with the GI Joe 25th line that they continued the line into what was cllaed Modern Era but then they released the horrible GI Joe movie which flooded and drowned not only the market but fire in many nastolgic collectors who were reliving their youth by buying updated figures of their childhood. The new POC line has promise as Hasbro is releasing modern version of several classic figures (Crazy Legs, Steel Brigade, Lowlight) The new Renegades cartoon does for the original cartoon what ROC did for the entire Joe verse... rewrites history. Because of low sales with Joes many Walmarts are not even carrying the merchandise.

He-man 200x was horrible in my opinion and if it wasn't for the release of the classic cartoons on dvd and the new MOTUC line I wonder if the fan base would be as strong as it is.

Then there is the constant 2 sided debate of OT and prequels in the Star Wars community. However all SW products seem to sell as SW has been able to stick to the plot and bridge generational gaps by acknowledginng the original and marketing to today's generation.

I think the success of this venture will come down to one of two things.
1. Marketing to children by airing the new series during waking nonschool hours of kids (3 PM-8PM)
2. Marketing to adults by taking on the original story lines but being able to present them in a modern way.

But in no way am I a marketing genius or a TV producer so I may be way off the mark and by this time next year this site will be as popular as sister sites Hisstank and the transformer one.
docfairday is offline   Reply With Quote